Well it's been 4 months since I came forward about FDOT fixing tickets and here is what is new.
1. SunPass stopped issuing Toll Tickets.
2. Effective 7/3/14 all Toll Enforcement Officer positions will be eliminated. FDOT investigators will start handling enforcement. 3 TEO's except Derrick Walsh will lose their jobs. Walsh is the TEO from Miami who agreed to dismiss the UTC for Erica George. Mr. Walsh is being promoted to Investigator and will receive $25,000 a year pay raise.
3. The TEO supervisor who refused to dismiss the citation transferred to another state agency because of the constant threats she received from her superiors. Ms. Gibson was accused of supplying me information about this scandal after I went public. I wish to add that Ms. Gibson was not the person who provided the information and stands falsely accused. The funny thing is that the TEO's are being replaced because they refused to violate the law. The investigators will do anything that they are told and will not ask questions. The irony of this situation is that it was one of the investigators who supplied the information to me!
. Still no information explaining why ATLEE MERCER at the request of FDOT tried to have the ticket fixed.
5. The Grand Jury indicted Rebeka Hammond, FDOT government middleman and mouthpiece to EPass for violating the Sunshine Law. Hammond is the girlfriend of Chris Dorworth who was also indicted. Hammond was a go between between FDOT Secretary Prassad and Dorworth and EPass.
. So far 5 TEO's and 1 attorney have lost their jobs. 1 yes man got promoted and nothing happens to FDOT. Good guys get fired and law breakers get promoted. Got to love Florida government.
During this past month a property on Neptune Road was sold during a sealed bid auction with no fanfare when there should have been. There are some issues regarding this property that should be known especially since it is taking money out of our taxpayer pocket to the tune of 350,000 dollars. This means that in the past 2 weeks the county has promised up to 100 million dollars in funds of mystery money (taxpayers?)and back door dealings for stadium development as well as made some very poor decisions on real estate management. Just who are these elected officials and why are they spreading this money around when there are real projects that need help?
The property in question was taken by the county through eminent domain in 07. At this time, it was for the widening project on Neptune and was bought for 399,000 dollars. A fair price at the time due to property values. Being someone who lives in the area I knew that the purchased lot would have the home razed and when developed again would be aesthetically pleasing. A park...trees...something that would add value to the Homes along Neptune Road if it was not all used during the widening project. This was one of many properties by the way. However, It was not all used and the home remained. Not taken care of and NO taxes paid by the county since 08. If that was me or you there would be problems. Until last week when it was sold in a SEALED BID auction. It was supposed to be a public sale but the county did not do that. They even sold it with the taxes still needing to be paid when they told those bidding it was up to date. Is that legal????
The county then accepted a bid of just over 50,000 dollars for a home and a lot. What happened to making it aesthetically pleasing? Instead it is sold for an eighth of the county purchase price so it can become what..a rental? This would DRIVE down the property values of those who have lived there for so long and keep this stretch of road on Neptune a owner neighborhood with great lake views. I mean, it could become HUD housing for all we know. A home two down was built a year ago and I am sure is worth at least 500,000. Is this what they want???? Is this what you want???
I mean, one quick look on the county website shows that it was sold at less than half of the appraised value. This should have been flat rejected but instead a special addendum was added yesterday to approve it for closing early. In my mind this is so us as the taxpayer has no voice or say over the following...
1. A fair price for a property that WE as the county taxpayer own
2. What should be placed on that property after the original concept was to remove the home to bring a park to rest while those who live there jog, bike and walk with children and grandchildren
Be a voice and not a silent complainer. The county commission needs to explain why they are selling off the counties property for such a small price and to whom it benefits.